Suffering from hair fall? Must read this prerequisite hair care tips
Smooth and silky hair enhances your beauty and personality. It makes a person beautiful, confident, and presentable. Dry-frizzy hair, Baldness, hair fall, hair diseases, and disorders diminish one’s charm and character. Hence, here are some essential tips.
we all know that balance food is very important to us and have multiple benefits. The health of your hair is determined by the kinds of food you eat. The following are foods you will need to include in your diet if you are to get longer, stronger, and healthier hair.
- Proteins: Human hair is 90% percent protein. You thus need to eat sufficient quantities of protein to keep your hair strong. There are various sources of protein including meat, eggs, cheese, pulses, and yogurt.
- Iodine: it improves the health of hair. It is found in foods such as green peas, carrots, cabbage, spinach, pine nuts, and flax seeds.
- Iron and Vitamin C: You can prevent your hair from changing its pigmentation by eating foods rich in iron. Iron is also known to prevent excessive hair loss. Iron minerals are found in whole grain cereals, jaggery, leafy vegetables, eggs, and dried fruits. But simply eating foods rich in iron is not enough. It must go hand in hand with foods that contain Vitamin C. This is because Vitamin increases the level of iron absorption in your body. Oranges, kiwi, melons, lemon, drum stick, avocados, and parsley are all good sources of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin B: Vitamin B boosts the body’s ability to repair damaged hair. It can be found in poultry, sunflower seeds, nuts, and nutritional yeast.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin promotes the production of sebum on the scalp of your head. Sebum is a naturally occurring hair conditioner. Vitamin A occurs naturally in dark green vegetables, broccoli, fish, carrots, sweet potatoes, apricots, and tomatoes.
- Vitamin E: Besides being an antioxidant, Vitamin E is necessary for the synthesis of protein and thus the repair of damaged hair cells. It also aids in overall blood circulation including the scalp. Legumes, eggs, wheat germ, nuts, avocados, and dark green vegetables are great sources of Vitamin E.
- Zinc: Struggling with dandruff and a weak, itchy scalp? Then zinc minerals must form part of your diet. Zinc assists in soothing itchy scalps and also helps prevent hair loss. Zinc is found in meat, beans, fish, and dairy products.
- Silica: Silica is the nutrient for persons looking for strong hair. It is found in cabbage, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, rice, asparagus, onions, and strawberries. However, it is important that you eat these foods in their organic form; the levels of silica, if the foods are processed, might not help.
- Water: No diet is complete without a good dose of water. Drink eight to ten glasses of water each day to help your body flush out harmful toxins and speed up the circulation of nutrients all over your body including your scalp. Besides helping with weight loss, it is also great for your hair. By hydrating your hair, also gives it a healthy glow.
- DHT blocker foods: Dihydrotesterone (DHT) is a hormone responsible for hair loss. DHT shrinks the hair follicle until the hair eventually falls out. By limiting DHT in the first place, less is produced and the progression of hair fall is slowed. hence, natural DHT blocker foods are – saw palmetto extract, stinging nettle root, green tea, L-lysine, omega3 fatty acid (flax seeds, walnuts, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, fruits like raspberries, winter squash, lingonberry, summer squash, and strawberries, which are known to possess a considerably high proportion of omega 3 fatty acids). The proportion of omega 3 fatty acids is higher in raw vegetables when compared to cooked forms.
- Biotin-rich foods are milk and milk products, bananas, walnuts, sunflower seeds, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, and so on.
Friends in order to prevent hair fall always try to use herbal and mild shampoos and conditioners. The human hair is absorbent – that is, it easily absorbs anything that is applied to it. This is the reason why it easily gets damaged when you use products that contain harmful chemicals. When doing this, it is just like engulfing substances that are detrimental to the health of your hair. Chemicals like parabens, formaldehyde, triethanolamine (TEA), sodium lauryl sulfate, etc are harmful to hair. Chemically prepared hair products are not advisable for the follicles. These synthetic hair products contain ingredients extremely harmful to the growth of your hair. These can cause hair damages such as hair breakage, hair fall, dry scalp, and scalp irritation. Several examples of risky product innovations are relaxers, colors, bleach, dryers, and hot hair brushes.
Hair relaxers break chemical bonds making hair artificially straight. The chemicals present in hair colors cause irritation, redness, hair loss, and burning, and even serious problems to others. Bleach, when applied, causes dryness. Frequent brushing, especially with the use of hot airbrushes, can likewise cause breakage which can result in damage due to too much heat. Moreover, if you really value the wellness of your hair, you should be more cautious, synthetic products and their associative disadvantages are not beneficial for you.
- The use of a proper hairbrush is essential for hairstyles as it helps to avoid unnecessary damage, eliminates static electricity, and adds shine and smoothness to the hair. There are several hairbrushes that should be at hand when creating and maintaining your hairstyles.
- Wide-toothed comb for detangling hair after and before washing as well as prevents hair fall. Every time you are preparing to wash your hair you should make a detangling first. This will help you lessen the risk of mechanical damage during washing and make the after-washing detangling easier, thus eliminating more mechanical damage. Such combs should be of antistatic material, so read labels carefully and make sure you won’t harm your hair with a poor-quality product.
- Fine-toothed-tailed comb for styling. The tail of the comb will be handy in creating prom hairstyles and dividing the hair into separate sections.
- Massaging with a wooden hairbrush will help you to massage the scalp after you detangled the hair. To add, usage of this brush daily for 10 minutes will help you increase the blood circulation in the scalp and improve the state of the hair cuticle, and cures hair fall after a couple of months of usage.
This ancient health and beauty technique not only benefits our hair and scalp but is also an excellent stress reliever, and as most of us know very well when we are calm and relaxed, we automatically look younger and more youthful. The main benefits of hair oiling and scalp massage:
- strengthens hair roots by improving blood circulation under the scalp.
- Natural deep conditioning for dry, unmanageable hair.
- Helps in the detoxification of the scalp by loosening dead skin cells.
- Stimulates hair growth, especially when stimulating essential oils and extracts are used.
- An excellent stress-relieving technique, inducing a sense of psychological wellbeing and deep relaxation.
- Twice a week oiling should be done.
- Avoid Irregular and improper sleep, smoking, alcohol as well as tobacco intake. Also, depression, stress, anxiety, tension, anger, worry affect the health of hair.
- Hormonal problems, nervous disorders, thyroid disorder, scalp injury, Chronic Indigestion, constipation, also affects the hair and leads to hair loss in a longer period.
Hair loss in men and women, particularly those for whom it starts at an early age, can be hereditary, if your father suffered hair loss while young it is more likely that you will, although by no means definite. It is worth remembering that the hereditary factor combined with aging is the most prevalent cause of hair loss.
- Exercise is important to help against stress. It is also important to maintain healthy shiny hair. Exercise helps to increase and improve circulation. Improved circulation means more blood getting to the scalp which can lead to healthier hair. Thus, healthy hair is strong hair. Exercise can change the PH level of the scalp.
- Sirsha asana (headstand) is the best yoga posture for hair. This asana increases the flow of blood to the brain which stimulates our brain much better. Practicing this asana increases our memory and brainpower which in turn increases our confidence in ourselves. This posture has also been proved to cure ailments like insomnia, tension, headaches, liver problems, fatigue, etc. It has also been found to be very helpful for patients with asthma, constipation, and general eyes, ears, and nose problems.
- Headstand is also very effective in curing baldness as it increases the blood circulation in the scalp which stimulates hair growth. Besides these, this posture gives many benefits to our various muscles, bones, and internal organs. Because of all these benefits, this posture is often called the ‘king of asanas.’
- Another important exercise for healthy hair is “Balayam” (nail rubbing). As per reflexology, the hair follicles present in the scalp are directly connected to the nerve endings present in the nail beds and beneath the fingernails. Thus, rubbing nails will stimulate and encourage blood flow to the scalp, making hair follicles stronger and reducing hair fall.
- Other asanas for thick and lustrous hair are matsya asana, pranayama, and adho mukha savasana.
The skin is to hair what soil is to a plant, keep your scalp healthy and your hair will follow it. Dandruff, infection, and over oily skin could unbalance your scalp skin’s natural health. Hence, a healthy scalp and less hair fall go hand in hand.
Natural hair masks
- Onion- aloe hair mask
We need one pink onion. Then peel it and make juice out of it. Take a bowl. Add onion juice, 4 tablespoons aloe Veera and three to four drops of rosemary oil. Mix this mixture for 4 mins to make a thick paste and apply it from root to tip of your hair. Now leave this mask for 1 hour. Rinse thoroughly with normal water and mild shampoo. Onion is rich in sulfur which helps in hair growth and prevents hair fall.
- Fenugreek hair mask
Take 1 bowl of curd. To this, add 3 tablespoons of fenugreek powder. Leave it for half an hour. Later, apply it to your scalp and hair. Wash your hair after 45 minutes with normal water.
So, my dear friends, if you want me to share more hair-related herbal masks and furthermore hair fall-related medicines, then please comment below. thank you for spending your valuable time with me.